Wednesday, February 16, 2011

How Do You See The World?


Hannah du Plessis

"And how will I speak? I will laud my enemies and they will become friends; I will encourage my friends and they will become brothers.  Always will I look for reasons to applaud; never will I scratch for excuses to gossip. When I am tempted to criticize, I will bite my tongue; when I am moved to praise, I will shout from the roofs. If I have no other qualities, I can succeed with love alone.  Without it I will fail though I possess all the knowledge and skills in the world." - Og Mandino

When you meet someone for the first time do you look for things to judge or criticise or do you see things you can admire or compliment?

You can be sure that you'll find what you're looking for.

Whatever it is that you are looking for, that will reflect right back at you. If you look at others negatively, you will in turn be viewed negatively by others. 

This is why you should view others with love in your heart, and deliberately look for the good in them. You will make friends that will trust you and do business with you.

So instead of doing things with dollar signs in your eyes, just focus on the friends you are making. When your new friends feel valued by you, guess who they will do business with? Would you rather do business with someone who just wants your money, or would you prefer doing business with a friend who values you?

You can't do any business effectively if you have contempt and dislike for other people or if your own best interests come first. 

Focus today on another person. And see how that person responds to you.

And remember what the Good Book says: “Love others as you love yourself” – for if you can’t look for and acknowledge the good in yourself, how can you look for it in others?

Take this lesson to heart, and be all you can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment