If you want to be successful in life, there are three important areas you have to work on:
The Basics in your chosen field
People skills and
When you focus on developing these three areas, success is inevitable. In the third area; Personal Growth, you will find that sooner or later you have to deal with the topic: Attitude. Just why is attitude so important for success? You just have to look at successful people to determine what they have in common. Yes, you guessed it: A positive attitude! Yet, there are many people who fail. Statistics tell us that 95% of new businesses fail in the first year.
Why is it so difficult to have a positive attitude? Here are possible reasons:
- The society we live in is basically negative. Psychologists say that 96% of the average person’s conversations to himself are negative. For example: “I am stupid.”
- As we grew up, we have been ridiculed by people we should trust, like our parents, teachers and friends. Examples: “You are not wearing that, are you?” “You look fat.” “Why don’t you act more like your brother/sister?”
- We have been subject to unfair and unrealistic comparisons of experiences. Either one of your siblings experienced or achieved something and you were expected to do the same, or you saw a friend or colleague achieve something that you tried at and failed.
- We confuse failure in life with failure in a project.
How do you fix your attitude?
- Learn to say the right words
- Read the right books
- Listen to cd’s or tapes about the attitudes that need changing
- Hang around positive people
- Do the right things (going to a war movie is not the right thing)
Do the things that fix your attitude and it will change your beliefs. Beliefs are very powerful things. They control our behaviour. From our beliefs, we get our attitude. Our feelings come from our thoughts. If you want to change your behaviour, go back to your thoughts. Here it is again:
Your thoughts affect your feelings
Your feelings affect your attitudes
Your attitudes affect your beliefs
Your beliefs affect your behaviour
Attitudes that can help you:
- Your attitude at the beginning of a task will affect the outcome more than anything else
- Your attitude towards others determine their attitude towards you
- You are where you are and what you are because of the dominating attitudes in your mind
- Attitude is a choice
Get Motivated Today!
Books on Attitude:
Attitude Is Everything: Change Your Attitude...and You Change Your Life!
Attitude Is Everything for Success
Attitude Is Everything (10 Rules for Staying Positive)
Dr Robert Anthonys Advanced Formula For Total Success
Beyond Positive Thinking: A No-Nonsense Formula for Getting the Results You Want